Advertisements
Beauty & Lifestyle

Why you should consider IPL instead of waxing?

If you feel that waxing your Bikini could bring you a step closer to the grave every time and if you feel like it is something you can never get used to, IPL is the way to go. I know you might feel that you would have to sell your kidney for those sessions but hear me out! Firstly, you can live with one kidney….Jk it’s not worth it.

Secondly, I know it is expensive (I think it was RM2999 for unlimited sessions in Bubblegum) but it is worth it and if you really think about it, waxing is more expensive in the long run because your hair will grow as usual after a few weeks and you would have to wax every month until the end of time. But IPL on the other hand, give it ten sessions at least and you could see up to an 80% reduction in your unwanted hair, with the remaining 20% looking conspicuously thinner and lighter than before.


WHAT IS IPL?

IPL stands for Intensed Pulsed Light. It can be used to minimise or eradicate:

  • Age spots
  • Sun damage
  • Freckles
  • Birthmarks
  • Varicose veins
  • Broken blood vessels on your face
  • Rosacea
  • Hair on your face, neck, back, chest, legs, underarms or bikini line
  • Keratosis Pilaris
  • Ingrown hair

HOW DOES IT WORK?

It targets the dark pigment around the hair follicle in order to damage it just enough to cause the hair to fall out and weaken its ability to re-grow.

During my first session, I wasn’t entirely sure what I was expecting from this. Although, I knew there was no way turning back because damage has been done as I had bored a hole through my bank account. It was an impetuous decision but I knew I couldn’t stand the thought of going for Brazilian waxing again. I simply couldn’t stand the pain.  So there I was, with a pair of goggles they gave so that I don’t really get blinded by the light. First, they would shave your bikini or any other spot you wish to do, and then they’ll start using the device. I must say, it kinda felt like being bitten by fire ants at first and if your skin is dry, it would hurt a little especially in the labia region but nowhere near as much as you would feel during waxing. Also, it only took the beautician a few minutes to complete the whole area.

After the first session, I wasn’t entirely sure if it was because my skin was dry or if it’s normal but I couldn’t walk straight because it burned a little. So I would moisturise my skin like crazy afterward. But all was good on the second day and I did not really feel a thing during my second session.


I was told to not freak out if I see hair began to shed in my panties or something after the first week. Hair will fall out and then after the first week, it would regrow as usual again until the next session. I was a tad disappointed because for some reason, I simply couldn’t see the difference until I had gone for my second session. That was when I finally realised how slightly patchy it seemed– I could see bald patches in certain areas and I knew it was working!

WHY IPL?

  1. It is quick! IPL devices have a relatively large treatment window and therefore, are able to cover large areas quickly. It is more likely to take around 10-15 minutes for a whole leg and for bikini line, it would take about 5-10 minutes.
  2. For waxing, you are not allowed to shave in between appointments and that sucks because you have to live with hairy feet for a couple of weeks until your next session! IPL, on the other hand, allows you to shave between treatments.
  3. IPL eliminates the risk of ingrown hairs unlike waxing or shaving or epilating.
  4. Permanent results! Overtime, you could really see the difference and you could see how it permanently reduces hair re-growth should you continue with treatments. The number of treatments required will reduce and the time between treatments increase.
  5. Hair that does re-grow will become lighter and less coarse and visible!
  6. Unlike laser treatments, there is no known cancer risk. So it is perfectly safe.
  7. IT IS ALMOST PAIN-FREE. ALMOST….
Advertisements

Simply a girl who finds joy in writing, traveling and designing.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: